Just in case you are wondering:
An essay is a piece of writing (usually a few thousand words) that delivers the authors own, more or less witty, perspective on a scientific, cultural or social phenomenon.
The criteria of scientific methodology can be neglected; so the writer has relatively great freedom to express his personal view.
Servicey is urban slang, and describes the capacity (or attitude) of a person, to tell other people information, which they think those want to know before they even ask.
Structure of an Essay
If you want to generate a perfect essay then you should identify a motivation for your document. You can get advice from your supervisor about the topic. Now check the library and internet for information. You can also accumulate information from books and journals. Now prepare an outline and which includes introduction, conclusion and body. An Abstract is not necessary for an essay, although it essential for research papers and dissertations.
You have to use a certain structure when writing an essay; especially if you want to have a perfect ending. You have to follow a certain procedure so that you can end your essay without leaving your readers in suspense. There is no way you can write a perfect end if you do not have the beginning and the middle. Your conclusion depends especially on the middle part of an essay. That is why you need to know how to write your beginning and the middle before you can draw the best conclusion.
An essay involves three significant parts:
- The Introduction
- The Body
- The Conclusion
The introduction is designed to lead people into the subject and simplify what the essay paper will particularly deal with. It usually involves one passage, but this will depend on the time you invest in the composition and the amount of history the situation needs. The beginning will contain key introductory phrase (or, if necessary, more than one).
Each idea in the body is offered in an individual passage and developed with assisting proof by means of information, descriptions, or similar, and supported with examples where appropriate or necessary. This is where the bulk of your essay writing lies. It is in the body where you will present your facts; discuss them and present supporting information to ascertain their validity. You can never write a body if you have no information about the topic. You need to do research so that you can get the right information. A perfectly written essay paper body will help closing your argument / statement.
One major objective of an essay is to present all relevant points before making any thoughts on the result of the discussion/argument. And what does an excellent conclusion look like? The framework of any essay work is not as formalized as that of a report. Like reviews, however, you must still offer a disagreement or controversial point of view that is clearly sustained.
As you write your essay there several things that you should put in mind if you want to write the best essay. One of the factors that you should consider is the purpose of your essay. Why are you writing the essay? If the essay is about college application you need to put this in mind as you ponder of ideas for your essay. Never diverge and write irrelevant things.
The other factor is your grammar. This is important because if your grammar is poor, it will be hard for your essay to be understood. You need to employ the art of using the perfect tense. Tense is the backbone of all writings and many students fail here. They might have the best ideas or points, but their tense will undo all these.
The perfect tense to use in your essay writing include the present perfect, the past perfect, and the future perfect tense. The present perfect tense is to form the present perfect tense; using the auxiliary verb has or have with the past participial. Use the present perfect tense to show an action:
- That was completed at an indefinite time in the past
- That began in the past and continues into the present.
- He has left without his books. (Action completed at indefinite time)
- We have worked here for ten years. (Action continuing into the present)
The past perfect tense is to form the past perfect tense by using the auxiliary verb had with the past participle. Use the past perfect tense in your essay to show an action in the past that came before another action in the past.
I had already finished when you called. (Action preceding another past action)
The future perfect tense is to form the future perfect tense by using the auxiliary verbs will have or shall have with the past participle. Use the future perfect tense to show an action in the future that will occur before another future action or time.
The above tense suggestion will help you write a grammar free essay that has uses the correct tenses. All you need to do is to adhere to each of the category.
Another point to note is to check on the grammar and spelling. You may have very enlightening information but if spelling mistakes are present, it can be a major turn off and distraction even to the passionate readers. To avoid this, it is advisable to use a competent word processing program that automatically checks the spelling for you. If you opt for handwritten material, proof reading should be done by a person well versed in grammar and spelling.
Effective Application Essays
After examining your essay paper with the key elements and asking for views from your instructor and your friends, you should have at least one or two exciting composition issues. Consider the following suggestions.
These Are The Basic Features Of An Application Essay
- “Diversity” is the best trick to improve your essay paper. Every institution, expert educationist, or college student, wants to increase variety. For this purpose, so many people are inclined to assert what makes them different. However, basically saying you are an assassin won’t add you any points. While a essay makes use of this information and probably is your best subject idea, you must finalize the issue by dealing with your own individual attributes and how you changed preconception, treated cultural ostracism, etc.
You must display strongly to your individual attributes, pursuits, inspirations, etc. Address, particularly how your format will promote the world view in university, the instructional atmosphere, and self-confidence.
- Be genuine, but not for honesty’s cause. Unless you are a truly good writer, your best and enthusiastic writing will be about activities that actually took place. Write a composition about your lifestyle that shows your character.
- Don’t refer to your weakness unless you need to describe them anyway. You want to create a good perception, showing all the good attributes that will increase your chance of being accepted. Why to confess to weakness and failures when you can instead display your strengths.
It not your weakness that will make you essay great but your strength. So list them all in your essay paper.
Improve Your Technique
Being proficient in writing essays is a skill that can be learned. Unfortunately many students who set out to write don’t have the slightest clue what to do. However with a little research, it is possible to improve on their skills. This article sets out to highlight various tips that anyone can apply when writing.
- The first thing is make a list of all the keywords and ideas that have to be discussed. This will enable them to execute a logical flow of thoughts when writing. It will also ensure that none of the important points are left out.
- Secondly, as you set out to write, organize the whole work into sections. That means that there should be an introduction, body and ending. All these parts should be highly impressionable on the reader.
- Thirdly, the best way to make writing essays interesting is to include stories that try to explain your points. These stories are usually called anecdotes and are used by professional writers especially in the beginning to captivate the audience. These stories should encourage the reader to relate with what is being discussed.
The reader should be able to relate at what is being discussed at a personal level. These stories also contribute to the whole essay becoming an immersive experience to the reader.
- Finally make sure that your work has educational value in that it will give the audience the incentive to see things differently. If someone is trying to explain for example the downside of female circumcision, they should leave the reader with no doubt as to why it is unacceptable.
Remember, as a student, writing essays needs not be a drag. With a little help and a change in attitude, it can become a whole lot enjoyable.